Thinking ahead to May

I'm not in a hurry at all, but sometimes I imagine in advance what I want to do.
The photos for this mosaic were taken in May 2020 in the nearby mountains. In fact, I didn't go very high up the mountains, I stayed in the oaks of the lower parts. If it's rainy and mild in May, the summer bolete Boletus reticulatus can be collected in the first half of the month. Four years ago, everything went very well and the mushrooms gradually started to grow in a wave, so that by the beginning of June, there was an amazing abundance. I have made great memories here. That's why I was so shocked in 2021, when the drought had a negative impact on the excellent mountain forests too. I had one article in Hungarian about the summer of 2021, which was about the weather. I have an article in Hungarian on how spruce forests are dying, also from summer 2021.
The summer of 2022 was even worse and an unbelievable drought developed in my homeland. I wrote about this in Hungarian. I returned to the mountain forests in the summer of 2023 and was confronted with an unprecedented shortage of mushrooms. I have never experienced such a shortage! I didn't write about it because it was a really depressing experience. 
I'm currently doing my '101 mushrooms' project, which has online lectures on Fridays, the fifth of eight this week. I start my field training in March and I keep a close eye on the weather, because I have seen all kinds of combinations and I know exactly how dry the landscape can get in a short period of time and how the mountains are affected by drought. But I know that everything goes well in rainy weather, and I also know where the fungi are likely to appear from week to week.
It would be nice to have another May as beautiful as the one we had in 2020.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése