Day of the Republic

This is a very nice May photo of me from a long time ago, where the poppies and elderberries together display the Hungarian national tricolour. I am a green patriot, which means that the natural values of my homeland have shaped my Hungarian consciousness. Thanks to my diverse national ancestry I am immune to nationalism, I am truly a patriot. Thanks to the many influences that my very mixed reading experiences have given me, and of course being a good observer, I have become a citizen. The common good, the republic, democracy are not discredited terms for me and I understand their meaning very well! I can clearly see how the Hungarian nation is being eaten up by the diligent practice of utterly selfish self-interest, by the principle of "don't put off until tomorrow what you can steal today", by distrust, by stupid nationalism. I cannot be fooled by silly advertising slogans.
Did you know that today was declared the Day of the Hungarian Republic in 2005? "On 1 February 1946, the Parliament adopted Act I of 1946 on the Form of Government of Hungary." We are commemorating it. I wonder which government(?) changed the name of the country from the Republic of Hungary to the Hungary on 1 January 2012? The orange band of thieves who see themselves as the full heirs to noble privilege. The restoration of the Horthy era, the parade in the Buda Castle of a man who is ideal for the coach of a second-rate football team but more than suspect as prime minister, says everything about the current regime and what lies ahead for the Hungarian republic. Foolish to hope. But of course don't think about anything now, stay stupid.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése