Cavalcade of fruiting bodies

On 13 February, in the fifth part of my lecture series, I will show the diversity of fruiting bodies and give an insight into taxonomy, the surprising relationships of fungi, the convergent evolution, spore-spraying techniques. The picture I put in this post was taken in November 2020, before a video shoot, which I pasted at the end of the post. The box contained the fruiting bodies of three orders of mushrooms. These are really the most important orders for shroomers: Agaricales, Boletales, Russulales. Two other orders are Cantharellales, Polyporales. Unfortunately, only one species of the magnificent chanterelles lives in the oak plantations of Békés county. The edible species of bracket fungi  are common species, but the brackets are less important from a nutritional point of view, as most of their fruiting bodies are inedible. The most famous and much-loved edible bracket is the chicken of the woods Laetiporus sulphureus. Now it feels a bit good to think about late spring, when the "yellow mushrooms" start to grow. Mushroom picking is one of the best outdoor activities.
I recommend you check out my blog's Facebook page, where I share more useful information.


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése