Mushrooms in late November

I walk at least one hundred kilometres on my two feet every month throughout the year, but if there's something to document, I walk a lot more. In October I walked more than two hundreds. One of my basic ideas is that the main characteristic of life is movement. That which lives, moves. I spend a lot of time sitting at my laptop as a writer, so exercise is vital for me. No bad weather, just bad clothes. Each month has its own beauty and value. So I was delighted with today's walk. I was accompanied by my three shroomer friends. Together we enjoyed the gifts of late autumn. While looking for mushrooms we also went to the biggest and oldest oak tree in Póstelek. Sadly, the majestic oak is dying. We should take the plight of the oak trees more seriously, because we will soon be negatively affected by the persistent water shortage! It looks so wet now the land, but we only had 11mm of rain in October and 45mm in November. This year the annual rainfall has not yet reached 400 mm. This is very little, not enough for the trees! In fact, it was the floods of the past, the extra water, that allowed the oaks to colonise the landscape. Rivers are dammed, floodplains no longer get extra water, groundwater is extremely deep, the county is dry, oaks are dying of thirst. Then, twenty years later, we too...
The old oak is taller than the other trees, and its remaining branches are more extensive. Less than ten of these giants remain in the county. What do you think the future holds for the people of Békés County if even the old oaks are dying? Something is fatally wrong here. I've written a lot about this on my blog. But change never happens in the absence of interest. Those who still have the vitality, like me, prefer to leave. And rightly so! What wants to die must be allowed to die. Those who want to live should go where people really live and act. "Don't disturb a dying man with his live screaming!" It is important that you see this and then run away. Hungary does not want to live. It is old and demented and does not like loud people. This is another lesson of November for me. If people are not interested in life=nature, there is no point in me being here. It was important for me to realise that I was really alone and that I had no business being here. I did what my conscience told me to do.
For you, this picture means nothing about dirt roads and tree plantations. A boring piece of landscape. But I know that two hundred metres away there is one of the oldest oak trees in the county and the younger oak plantation next to it is full of blooming hollowroots in April. Moreover in the plantation there are a few of broad-leaved helleborine. I toured the small wooded areas of the county. I was actually very fond of the landscape because I was really interested in its values.But apart from me, very few people are interested in values, and I have been editing and growing the blog for more than ten years in vain. Now I'll stop. My body is changing and my interests are expanding. Before I die, I want to know more and get my message to more people. It's not a big thing, but it's the mission I was born to do. I will finish the article. See the photos.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése