My August photos

Please click on the picture to see it in full size! It shows the Sas constellation with a detail of the summer Milky Way. On the evening of the twenty-second, I went out into the garden with the camera attached to the tripod, on which I put the professional, high-power lens. It already showed me the Milky Way despite the city light pollution. If I am still alive in 2024, I will definitely go to a place in the world where the central part of the Milky Way, the core of the disc of our galaxy, can be clearly observed. Ever since I was a child, I have been fascinated by the fact that we are in a giant galaxy, and if I look up at the autumn sky, I can see the approaching Andromeda galaxy, which after billions of years will start a complicated gravitational-dance with the Milky Way and the two large galaxies will become a larger, but barren, elliptical galaxy. Please look up the evolution of the galaxies, it's very interesting.
In the 32nd week of the year, there was a series of astronomy programs in the country organized by the Hungarian Astronomical Association and several smaller associations and planetariums, which also mobilized amateur astronomers in large numbers. I went to the program in Csaba. And what bad luck, just then a thunder cloud danced right above us, the remnants of which covered a large part of the sky even at ten in the evening. The DSLR frame had the 18-55mm kit lens, which I held freehand. I was glad I managed to get a good picture. In 2024, there will also be a series of astronomy programs in August. But if everything goes well and my plans succeed, I won't be in Hungary anymore. It is very instructive for me how associations dealing with education and the good things in struggle to survive. I have no desire to participate in this tragedy in the sequel. I have only one life.
I photographed Conocybe deliquescens on the first of August and I was particularly happy with this mushroom, because it only grows in abundant dew and withers by midday. On the first day of the month, I took photos of some mushrooms, but it was not the mushroomiest day in August. What's sad is that there was no point in picking mushrooms at all, I didn't even want to go to the mountains, because it doesn't rain enough in the mountains either. We received 41 mm of precipitation, which was not sufficient at all considering the strong evaporation. It did not alleviate the severe water shortages of 2021 and 2022 at all! I could observe this in my excellent urban mushroom habitat, which remained extremely dry despite the "lots" of summer rainfall! The climate change is an extremely powerful process that affects the entire planet and is changing the lives of people everywhere. Nevertheless, I do everything to "save" myself.
In the middle of August, there was a crop wave here as well, but the mushrooms really hit you there, where 100 mm of rain fell. It's fantastic that I could see shaggy parasol Chlorophyllum rhacodes, Medusa mushroom Agaricus bohusii, giant puffball Langermannia gigantea. Agaricus bohusii is a protected mushroom in Hungary and an important character species of my local mushroom field. The fruiting bodies reminded me of the recent past, when it was a great experience to deal with mushrooms, but climate change really ruined my green project. But I'm glad that there were rains in August, the mushrooms grew and I was able to enjoy the greenery a little. I haven't moved out of the city since I became fatally poor, I'm tied to a place and have adventures in my head. I am taking photos and writing a novel while looking for work in Western Europe. See some more photos from the August material of my 2023 photography project.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése