Sustainable reduction

I have completed several ecological footprint tests over the years and the results have always shown the sad fact that even my modest lifestyle requires two Earths. And there is only one. Surprising as it may seem, Hungary is one of the world's fifty most developed countries, despite its falling living standards and many problems. So despite my poverty, I am still a person who has access to absolute Western comfort. If you can afford the services. As I look around my desk, all kinds of objects and junk. I'm surrounded by an amazing amount of stuff. I don't need most of it. My living space could do with a thorough decluttering. It's a spooky feeling to think about the cost of my existence! I have been saying for years that (wo)man must reconcile three interests when making decisions: his/her own, his/her community and its nature. We live on one planet, our lives are based on nature. I'm also wondering how I can better adapt to major changes. I am very concerned that there is no winter weather in January! I know the reason, but it's scary. Water as a key issue is a real example of our absolutely wrong approach to life. My four photos go from an ideal natural state to a totally ruined river, reduced to a canal. The summers of 2021 and 2022 showed our future. Two dry years in a row. I don't know what this summer will be like, but it will probably be hot and dry. Last year's rainfall total was around 400 mm. In order for the woody vegetation to survive, at least 550 mm of rainfall would have to fall on the landscape. Our forests of yesteryear, because we had forests in small patches, were sustained by the floods of our rivers. The thirst of the old oaks is an accurate indication of how much the landscape has been drained. Add it up, please. Annual rainfall is low and the distribution is very chaotic. Even in rainy years, when 100 mm of rain falls in some months, the drying out is intensified. This is because our almost straight rivers carry the water table with them. Gravity works. These are facts. Anyone who denies the facts is crazy.
This is increasingly depressing. I will end the article here. I will continue later. Please think about it.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése