Beautiful winter

The snow was falling all morning and it was a real winter atmosphere. I did not take a photo. You don't always have to take a photo, sometimes you have to let the experience unfold. It was nice to see some snow and see how wet everything was. The ground is thoroughly soaked. Water is the basis of our lives. In three days we die of thirst in terrible agony. I am soothed by the sight of water. In fact, research shows that people living near the coast have a better quality of life. I'm thinking of going to Australia because I love the ocean and I love exploring nature. I'll see what the future brings, what I can achieve. The bottom line is that I have plans and despite the difficulties, I'm moving forward methodically.
The photo next to the text was taken yesterday. I was walking along a nearby stretch of the Living Water Canal. This year I am focusing on the water. The last two summers have been cruel and depressing. This weekend I'm taking two longer walks for the water. The second of February is World Wetlands Day. Békés County is a textbook example of man's tremendously effective power to transform the landscape. The original character of the county was shaped by its rivers. River regulation has completely interrupted the life-giving work of water, which has given the landscape its rhythm of life. Since cereal farming has taken over the county, our natural assets are clearly being destroyed and the gigantic fields are wiping out wildlife. Our rivers are channels in narrow beds. They are no longer living waters! What we have done is almost irreparable. There will be a very heavy price to pay for our landscape transformation. We have sacrificed our future for the comfort of a few generations.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése