20 "easily" recognisable edible mushrooms

Today I gave a very good presentation to my listeners. It was such a good topic that I ran out of time, I added half an hour to the hour. I apologised to my listeners who said they didn't mind because they were happy to listen. Edible mushrooms enrich our diets, and some mushrooms are a great treat on their own. If you click on the image, it will pop up slightly larger and you can read the scientific names. The Agaricus bisporus is included as an extra mushroom because it is the number one cultivated species worldwide. The Agaricus litoralis basket represents the ideal May experience. Before 2000, the "white" mushroom season started in the fifth month. Agaricus species are very popular in Békés County and since we have saline wastelands, one of our special mushrooms is Agaricus bernardii. Agaricus is a tricky genus because some species are poisonous due to their phenol content. These should be avoided. But some of them are so distinctive, like A. bernardii, because of their habitat alone, that they are easily recognisable. My last lecture was about them, I presented 20 species.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése