My little favourite

I first found Chalciporus rubinus in 2014 at my number one place. I took this photo of one of its fruiting bodies with my old compact, which was a simple camera. This very distinctive mushroom is on the list of globally assessed fungi of conservation concern, which has been extended to 280 species in 2019. It is gratifying that this little colourful beauty is surprisingly common in the oak plantations of Békés county. Over the years I have found it in several places. It is always a pleasure to see when it can grow a lot of fruiting bodies. Although it resembles a small Xerocomus in size, its pink-reddish tubes and pink stipe distinguish it from all other species. I hope June will be rainy because then it will grow and I can finally take new photos of it this year.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése