Spring is here

Today is the spring equinox, the end of winter and the beginning of the time of spring. At dawn, before the Sun rose, I went out into the yard and smelled the scent of vegetation in the air. Yes, the soil is alive and the plants are sprouting, the flowers are blooming. In sunny weather, the scent of violets wafts through my town and my mushrooming spots alike. The sweet violet Viola odorata is a medicinal plant. My other favourite wildflower is the equally undemanding and common red deadnettle Lamium purpureum. It's a modest looking plant, but it makes for beautiful photographs. I used to enjoy eating its flowers as a child. I love odor of common hyacinth Hyacinthus orientalis. I collect the varieties, I already have seven in my garden: white, pale yellow, light pink and dark pink, purple, light blue and dark blue, but I like them mainly for their fragrance. I'm glad it's spring because there are finally scents in the air. You can go outside and garden. I will go hiking soon, but first the garden, because I want to sow some of my favourite vegetables.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése