The 21st century is a time for women

I came across Pierre Bourdieu's Masculine Domination, published in 1998, surprisingly late. I'm reading it now, a day or two to finish, but it's already given me a lot of confirmation that I wasn't the stupid teenage girl, I was really being pushed into a strange structure and forced into a role that was absolutely alien to me simply because of my biological sex. Of course, by the time I became an adult woman, right around 1998, it was clear to me that I wasn't interested in the gender role society offered me and would rather go my own way. Warning, cynicism galore ensues, in which I turn the logic of men against them.
How on earth could men think they are the crown jewels of creation when they have XY chromosome pairs, i.e. they are imperfect. How could an XY damaged being be as magnificent as a woman with two full chromosomes. It is clear that the female sex is the perfect natural construct and the male sex is merely there to ensure genetic diversity of the species. Now, how do you like that?
I am irritated because I have another book in front of me, Malleus maleficarum, which has brought centuries of misery and suffering to women. One of my ancestors was a midwife, and I may have seen her my great-grandmother, who died at the age of 103, when I was a small child. I'm a nature lover myself, and I work with mushrooms, and I spend quite a lot of time in the woods and outdoors. All this would have been a sinful activity centuries ago, when witch-hunting and open misogyny were rampant. How on earth could mankind be so stupid, yes you men, to waste the talents of women?! I'm sure if women had been allowed to succeed in science, the world would be a very different place!
And all this misery and suffering was simply because men were afraid of women.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése